Today we got up at 230 to fly from Berlin to Venice, then train to Verona - life of a broke, travel hungry person :)
1. Walking over a bridge to the Venice train station into a beautiful view of the river!
2. Pasta with mussels and tomatoes from Osteria il Bertoldo in Verona
3. The Roman Amphitheatre/Anfiteatro Arena
4. First vanilla gelato in Italy
5 - 7. Castelvecchio
8. Creamed rice with herbs and pike from Vecio Mulin
9. View from the Lungadige Re Teodorico
10. Amaretto pastry for dessert!
Last day in Berlin: street art, Checkpoint Charlie, East Side Gallery (East Berlin Wall)
Berlin was awesome, as usual! We got in late Thursday night, had kebabs and bubble tea - odd mix, I know (photo 1&2).
3. Breakfast from Café Fleury
4. Buddy Bear with Katie! The bear is similar to how we have the pigs back home in Cincinnati, they were everywhere in the city! Also, Katie just so happened to be in Berlin the same time as me so we spent the day exploring together!
5. Brandenburg Gate
6. Holocaust Mahnmal
7. Ground level fish eye view of the memorial
8. Sony Center
9. Victory Memorial
So the last full day in Amsterdam consisted of pancakes, Anne Frank House, walking through all the marijuana smoke and rain.
1. This is a Dutch pancake with mixed fruit from Pancake Corner in Leidesplein. The pancake was subpar and the service was absolutely awful! Do NOT go there! The server, and it seemed to be the manager as well, was rude, not friendly and welcoming at all, and very short with us. As most travelers majority of us were going to pay with a card and he threw a fit and yelled, “no card, no split” and there were no signs in the restaurant to indicate they didn’t accept credit cards or split bills. However, I know splitting of the bill isn’t extremely common in Europe, so that we understood.
2. No pictures are allowed in the Anne Frank House, but me being me, I had to sneak at least one in. Also coincidentally enough, the day we were there was Anne’s birthday, so it made the experience just that much better!
3. Vondelpark - Meghan and I got some bread and Nutella and relaxed in the park.
4. Walked last the Hash Museum during our trek to the Red Light District. I didn’t get any pictures of the RLD because we went a bit early (20:00) so there wasn’t much activity. However, there were quite a few vulgar statements thrown our way when club owners were trying to lure us in.
5. Meghan, Sophie, Liz and I after our adventures in the rain.
So today was our first real day in Amsterdam! We got in late last night around 8. Funny enough, 2/3 of our room were American girls so we instantly hit it off!
1. Late night Indonesian dinner at Puri Mas
2. A huge wooden clog found on our way back to the hostel last night
3. A delicious BLTC with avocado sauce from Valerius
4. The I Amsterdam sign behind the Rijksmuseum
5. Close up of Meghan and I if you couldn’t find us in the previous picture ;)
6. National Maritime Museum spotted during our canal cruise.
7. Shot of Liz, Meghan and I during the canal cruise! Liz is from SLC, Utah!
8. The cute houses that were along the canal
9. Seascape near Les Sainte-Maries-de-la-Mer by Van Gogh at the Van Gogh Museum
10. A delicious waffle covered in Nutella 😍
Day 3 in Paris
1 & 2. The Louvre
3 - 5. Notre Dame
6 & 7. Shakespeare & Company
8 - 10. Ladurée for the second time!
It was a chilly and rainy day in Paris! We had a bit of a late start but went off running! We hit the Louvre first and the queue was insaaaane! (Note to self: prebook tickets for the Louvre!) So we walked around and found the Notre Dame, both buildings are extremely beautiful and romantic! The French really know a thing or two when it comes to design and architecture.
We grabbed a bite to eat and headed off to Shakespeare & Company, which wasn’t too far! It’s absolutely adorable! Walls upon walls of books! As soon as you walk in you can smell the rich scent of old books! You weren’t allowed to take photos, but naturally I did anyway! ;)
Meghan and I were both wanting something to warm us up so we headed to Ladurée for tea and sweets!
More of day 2 of Paree
1. Stumbled upon the LV store on Champs-Élysées during our trek
2 - 4. More of the Louis Vuitton store, loved seeing their vintage luggage!
5 - 7. The Eiffel Tower
8. Opposite view of the Eiffel Tower
9. Dinner at Babalou in Montmartre
10. Sacre Cœur
This post is dedicated to the stunning Ladurée! Everything about it was absolutely beautiful, and the queue to get in was outrageous! I went with: Salted caramel, citron, vanilla, pistachio, chocolate, and orange blossom! 😍
We got in around 19:00 last night in Paris and boy was it warm! So much more humidity than we were used to from being in the UK for a week!
1. View from our hotel last night
2. Menu from La Douzaine across the street from our hotel
3 & 4. Demi Tourteau for dinner last night from La Douzaine
5. Breads from Catz Café where we ate brunch this morning!
6. Brunch from Catz Café
7. The cutest little teapot from Catz!
8. Meghan and I in front of Arc de Triomphe
9. Arc de Triomphe
Okay so I’ve posted enough Harry Potter photos for now, but I’ll post more later after all my travels!
After the HP studio tour we went back to relax at our hostel and found a very nice place called Geales in Notting Hill. Of course we had to end the trip with classic fish & chips! We got tea and dessert at Le Pain, a big chain restaurant in Europe. (Photos 1 & 2)
Friday was our last day in London and so we went to the Natural History Museum, which is massive! We got lost and turned around so much! It was amazing though, wish we had more time to check it all out! (3 & 4)
We unfortunately didn’t arrive at St Pancras early enough for our train to Paris so we grabbed a bite to eat at Le Pain and hoped on another train a couple hours later. (5)
London was wonderful and I fell in love with it all over again! I also got to see two of my most favorite Brits this week!
Next trip will be solely a UK trip!